OHV damage account

Find an OHV Trail

Off-highway vehicle damage account

Program purpose:
The Off-Highway Vehicle Damage Account makes funds available to repair damage to private or public lands caused by Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) operation in unauthorized or unpermitted areas. OHV damage typically involves soil disturbance, erosion or rutting, but may also include damage to vegetation or property. This account is funded by an appropriation from the dedicated OHV accounts, and is administered by the DNR Division of Parks and Trails out of its Area Offices all across Minnesota.

Who may apply:
Both public and private sector individuals or entities are eligible to apply for reimbursement. The OHV Damage Account is authorized pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 84.780, which establishes the following conditions that must be met before a claim can be approved:

Submitting a claim:
To make an OHV damage account claim, fill out a Damage Claim Form and send it to the DNR Parks and Trails Area Office nearest the location where damage occurred. You may locate the nearest Area Office by calling 651-259-5666 or Toll Free 1-888-MINNDNR and asking for Parks and Trails. Use the Damage Claim Form to begin this process.

Information & application materials:

Mary Straka
Division of Parks and Trails
500 Lafayette Road, Box 52
St. Paul, MN 55155-4052
218-203-4445 or Toll Free 1-888-MINNDNR