Minnesota Scientific and Natural Areas
You can visit a Scientific and Natural Area to enjoy exceptional natural features with unique plants and animals. Many of these sites are home to rare and sensitive features, so please follow these guidelines to reduce your impact:
Preserve Minnesota's unique nature
- Scientific and Natural Areas belong to us all; treat them with care.
- They protect the last remaining habitat for Minnesota's rarest plants and animals.
- Recreation is limited to protect this habitat and natural diversity.
Know before you go
Be light on the land
- Do not litter. Leave Natural Areas as you found them.
- Do not disturb wildlife. Give wildlife space to move freely. Don't create a potentially hazardous situation for you or for them.
- Help prevent the spread of invasive species.
Do not pick or collect any natural features
- Leave plants, animals, rocks, and other natural elements in place to fulfill their role in nature.
Have fun and be safe!