Long Range Conservation Plans and Strategies
- Conservation Agenda (2015 - 2025)
Sets strategic direction for natural resources and measures conservation results.
Ecological and Water Resources
Fish and Wildlife
- Aquatic Management Area Acquisition Plan (2008 - 2033)
- Coldwater Resources Management in Southeast Minnesota Strategic Plan (2004 - 2015)
Protect, improve, and restore coldwater aquatic habitat and fish communities.
- Duck Recovery Long-Range Plan
- Fisheries long-range plan (FY 2004 - 2010)
- Individual Lake Plans - Lake plans completed by Fisheries staff highlight goals, objectives, and actions for healthy fish population and habitat.
- Muskie and Large Northern Pike Long Range Plan (through 2020)
Guide fisheries management of muskellunge and northern pike in Minnesota to improve opportunities for trophy muskellunge and large northern pike, while also providing opportunities to harvest northern pike.
- Red River of the North Fisheries Management Plan (2008 - 2012)
Maintain, restore, enhance, and protect riverine and upland habitats and their functions.
- Ring-Necked Pheasant Long-Range Plan
- Shallow Lakes Program
Protect and enhance wildlife habitat on lakes dominated by this shallow water.
- A Vision for Wildlife and its Use (2006-2012)
Conservation and management of wildlife habitats goals and outcomes.
- Watershed District Plans - Comprehensive watershed management plans integrate needs and efforts to reduce flood damage and enhance natural resources. A variety of FAW and watershed district reports and plans document these needs and efforts (e.g., Red River Basin Stream Report; Snake River and Tamarac River Watersheds 2006 and Red Lake River Watershed 2004).
- WMA Acquisition – The Next 50 Years
Acquire 702,200 acres between 2002 and 2052. Short-term accelerated rate of 210,000 acres between 2002 and 2012.
- Wild Turkey Long-Range Plan
Parks and Trails