Two Harbors Protected Access
The Two Harbors Protected Access is located along the Two Harbors downtown waterfront on Agate Bay - within the commercial shipping harbor. The original facility built in 1981 and reconstructed in 2011. The facility is operated by the Minnesota DNR with daily maintenance provided by the City of Two Harbors.
- Three ramps with a 150-foot crib dock that provides some protection for the ramps and two boarding docks
- Paved parking for 54 car/trailers and 30 cars with accessible parking for three car/trailers at ramp area
- Vault toilets
- U.S. Army Corps breakwater
- Walking distance to waterfront trails, downtown shops, restaurants and museums
- View the iron ore loading docks with freighters of up 1000-feet visiting the loading facility
- Red navigation beacon on the end of the crib dock
- Accessible kayak launch and dock
- Walking trail along waterfront
25.5 miles northeast of the Duluth Harbor Entry, 8 miles northeast of McQuade, 16.1 miles southwest of Twin Points.
Approximate GPS Coordinates:
Lat 47º 00.54 Lon 91º 39.56
Free U.S. Coast Guard mobile app